According to the Ohio Revised Code Section 3701.13 and Section 3313.671 (effective August 2010), all Kindergarten students enrolled for which the Ohio Board of Education prescribes minimum standards must be immunized with at least:
• DTP or DTAP – 5 doses
• Polio vaccine – 4 doses
• Hepatitis B vaccine – 3 doses (dose #2 must follow dose #1 by at least 28 days, and dose #3 must be administered at least four months after dose #1, and at least two months after dose #2,
and at least six months of age)
• Live measles, rubella & mumps – 1 dose after first birthday
• Measles, rubella & mumps – 1 booster dose before entering Kindergarten
• Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine – 2 doses, or verification of chicken pox disease on file
7TH – 12TH GRADE
In accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 3701.12 and Section 3313.671 (effective August 2010), all 7th and 8th grade students are required to receive a TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis [also known as "whooping cough"]) vaccination.
If your child has received a TDAP since his or her 10th birthday – and you can show documentation from your doctor or clinic – no further vaccine will be necessary. This may be listed on your child's record by the trade names Adacel or Boostrix.
In accordance with the Ohio Revised Code 3701.12 Section 33.13.671 (effective January 1, 2016), all pupils entering the 7th and 12th grades are required to be vaccinated against meningococcal (serogroups A, C, W, and Y) disease beginning with the start of the 2016-17 school year.
One dose of meningococcal (serogroups A, C, W, and Y) vaccine is required prior to entry into the 7th grade. A second dose of meningococcal (serogroups A, C, W, and Y) vaccine is required prior to entry into 12th grade. The second dose must be administered on or after the 16th birthday, with at least eight weeks between the first and second dose. If the first dose of meningococcal (serogroups A, C, W, and Y) vaccine was administered after the 16th birthday, a second dose is not required.
If your child has not yet received a TDAP or meningococcal vaccine, please make an appointment with:
• your family physician;
• the Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department (740-454-9741); or
• the Muskingum Valley Health Center (740-891-9000).
ANY CHILD WHO HAS NOT RECEIVED THEIR VACCINATIONS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO SCHOOL!
You may provide proof of this vaccination to your child's school, or fax it directly to the ZCS nurses' office at 740-454-7005, before school resumes in the fall.
If you have any questions, contact the nurses' office at 740-588-4024.