Kindergarten According to the Ohio Revised Code Section 3701.13 and Section 3313.671 (effective August 2010), all Kindergarten students enrolled for which the Ohio Board of Education prescribes minimum standards must be immunized with at least:
• DTP or DTAP – 5 doses
• Polio vaccine – 4 doses
• Hepatitis B vaccine – 3 doses (dose #2 must follow dose #1 by at least 28 days, and dose #3 must be administered at least four months after dose #1, and at least two months after dose #2,
and at least six months of age)
• Live measles, rubella & mumps – 1 dose after first birthday
• Measles, rubella & mumps – 1 booster dose before entering Kindergarten
• Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine – 2 doses, or verification of chicken pox disease on file
7TH & 8TH GRADE
In accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 3701.12 and Section 3313.671 (effective August 2010), all 7th and 8th grade students are required to receive a TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccination.
If your child has received at TD (tetanus and diphtheria) or TDAP since his or her 10th birthday – and you can show documentation from your doctor or clinic – no further vaccine will be necessary. This may be listed on your child's record by the trade names Adacel or Boostrix.
If your child has not yet received a TDAP, please make an appointment with:
• your family physician;
• the Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department (740-454-9741); or
• the Muskingum Valley Health Center (740-891-9000).
ANY CHILD WHO HAS NOT RECEIVED A TDAP VACCINATION WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO SCHOOL!
You may provide proof of this vaccination to Zanesville Middle School, or fax it directly to the nurses' office at 740-454-7005, before school resumes in the fall.
If you have any questions, contact the nurses' office at 740-588-4024.