|The following guidelines were developed by the selection committee:
- Projects must fall outside the sphere of the regular curriculum.
- Only projects with educational content will be considered.
- Projects with potential impact beyond the initial grant will be given priority
- Interclassroom, interdisciplinary and multi-teacher projects will be favored.
- Parent involvement will strengthen the proposal.
- Grants may be used to purchase equipment or provide field trips only when these are components of a larger project.
- Grants may not be used to pay school personnel.
- Small grant funds must supplement – not replace – state or local funds.